Crossing The Burn-Out Zone
Crossing The Burn-Out Zone
Burnout is a state of emotional, mental, and physical exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress. It occurs when you feel overwhelmed and unable to meet constant demands. If you have been feeling disillusioned and helpless for quite some time now, you might be nearing the burn-out zone. Watch out!
1. What is mental exhaustion?
Mental exhaustion is characterized by depreciation of intellectual keenness. If constant stress has you feeling disillusioned and helpless, you may be suffering from a burnout.
2. What are the most common causes of mental exhaustion?
What people often don't realize is that symptoms of exhaustion are usually a warning that something is wrong physically or emotionally, or that their lifestyle is in serious need of examination and change.
Often referred to as fatigue, exhaustion can have multiple causes (including some serious medical conditions) and should not be ignored. Aside from stress, here are other causes of mental exhaustion that we need to keep an eye on:
3. What are the most common symptoms?
- Work. Long hours, high demands, difficult employees, and other factors can all add up to a very exhausted, burnt out body. While you may not be able to control all circumstances, it's important to always find balance in your day to practice stress-relieving techniques, exercise, eat right, and spend time with people or hobbies that you love.
- Seasonal or Chronic Allergies and Hay Fever. Allergy-related exhaustion is a common symptom from both prescription and OTC medications, as well as from lost sleep from fighting clogged nasal passages, sinus headaches, or sore throats. In addition, your body is fighting even harder to block out pathogens, causing fatigue. To help stop the vicious cycle, be sure to properly identify and remove as many allergy triggers as possible, taking utmost care in the bedroom - pillows, carpets, bedding - to help restore peace to your slumber and better your waking hours.
- High Blood Pressure. Since high blood pressure can be indicative of a dangerous health condition, it is important to monitor this and seek professional treatment, if necessary.
Symptoms of physical and mental exhaustion include feeling constantly tired and worn out. Feeling physically and mentally exhausted can take their toll at all levels of life. We become less adept at our jobs, our relationships suffer, and energy levels drop to all-time lows.
- Stomach Pain
- Chest Pain
4. What are the alarming numbers?
It is estimated between 1.5 and 2 million Americans are said to suffer from mental exhaustion disorder.
In today's world, it is on a rise due to increased levels of stress, anxiety and tension. Mental exhaustion affects more men than women. Women have better adaptive mechanisms, possess more resistance and display more endurance. There are fewer women than men in mental institutions.
To learn more about the natural ways to beat mental exhaustion, please visit clarimind.com.