Brahmi - The Herb for the Brain
Researchers found that Brahmi can help work against Alzheimer's disease and can help keep one's mental faculties.
No known cause of Alzheimer's disease has been noted yet, but researchers have found that inflammation of the brain, build up of beta amyloid deposits, traces of heavy metal properties, and oxidative stress are common among Alzheimer's Disease patients. Brahmi is said to be able to help address all these factors as well as enhance memory and attentiveness.
Known worldwide by its scientific name 'Bacopa Monnieri' in Latin, this semi-aquatic plant, has been labeled as a nervine tonic that enhances mental and learning ability and calms restlessness.
The following are the benefits of Brahmi to the brain:
Though Brahmi is considered as the main rejuvenating herb for the nerve and brain cells, it is also recognized for its benefits to the skin, hair, and nails. It helps treat all types of skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, abscess, and ulceration by stimulating production of new skin cell, hair, and nails. More so, Brahmi has antioxidant properties and has been tested to reduce oxidation of fats in the blood stream, lowering risks for cardiovascular diseases. It also possesses anti-cancer and anti-stress activities.
- It helps enhance memory and concentration.
- It helps improve a person's attentiveness.
- It helps promote mental calmness.
- It helps tackle anxiety and mental fatigue. It refreshes the mind and soothes without yielding any side effects.
- It helps aid headaches caused by stress, anxiety and depression.
- It helps nourish the body cells and boost the immune system.
- It detoxifies brain tissues and cleanses hallucinogens from the liver and brain
- It helps increase concentration
- It has a calming effect that helps curb hypertension
The following are the medicinal uses of Brahmi:
- It helps treat bronchitis, chronic cough, asthma and hoarseness of the throat.
- It helps manage arthritis, rheumatism and backache.
- It aids in the regulation of fluid retention.
- It cleanses the blood, treats chronic skin conditions, hair loss and constipation.
- It helps aid fevers, digestive problems, depression, mental and physical fatigue.
To learn more about Brahmi and its benefits to mental health, please visit clarimind.com.
India Herbs is a holistic health care provider with offices in the USA, Singapore, and India. We offer lifestyle guidance in conjunction with extracts-only herbal supplements based on Ayurveda - a 5,000 year old traditional medicine system used by over 900 million people in India! For more information on our "Ancient Remedies for Modern Times", visit www.india-herbs.com.